This is a past event.
Hypnotic Brass Ensemble
From Chicago, IL
Thursday May 11 – 10:30am – UPAC, Kingston, NY
Friday May 12 – 10am & 12pm – Bardavon, Poughkeepsie, NY
Grades: All ages
Running-time is approximately 1 hour.
HBE are seven brothers from the south side of Chicago who come from an extraordinary musical family. The band freely mix the brass band tradition with generous doses of hip hop, soul and funk, creating an intoxicating and boisterous blend that is just barely contained on their newest release Fly: The Customs Prelude. They have toured throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa and South America playing with everyone from Prince, Mos Def , Mick Jones (The Clash) and Damon Albarn (Blur, Gorillaz). They’ve performed Coachella, WOMAD AU, Jazz at Lincoln Center, The Sydney Opera House and Carnegie Hall. The documentary film Brothers Hypnotic, explores their music, work ethic, life and experience of being raised by their jazz legend father Phil Cohran. After screening in major cities and festivals, it aired on PBS. Their song, “War” was featured in the blockbuster hit movie, Hunger Games.
The presentation described on this page is a Bardavon rental. If you would like information about renting the Bardavon or UPAC visit RENTAL INFORMATION.
Date & Time
Friday, May 12 2017 at 12:00 pm
$6.00 for Schools and Members
Individual ticket-buyers: Child $6.00/Adult $10.00
INDIVIDUAL TICKET BUYERS:
- Please call Adelina Borman at 845-473-5288 ext. 106 with your credit card information.
- All patrons regardless of age must purchase admission.
- You will receive confirmation of your purchase by email.
- An INVOICE/CONFIRMATION will be sent by email confirming your order - please adhere to the payment guidelines and due dates.
- Changes to the number reserved or cancellation must be made in writing 45 days prior to the event.
- Payment is due 30 days prior to the event.
- If you are paying through BOCES - please follow the instructions on the invoice.
- No refunds or exchanges will be made after the 30 day deadline. The teacher or individual making the reservation is the contact person and is responsible for assuring that payment is made by the deadline.
- Buses will unload and load in the front of the theater.
For more information visit our School Residency Programs, or contact Adelina Borman/Director of Education (845) 473-5288 extension 106, fax (845) 473-4259
Email: ADELINA BORMAN