Part-time Box Office Associate Wanted at the Bardavon 1869 Opera House, Poughkeepsie, NY,
and Ulster Performing Arts Center, Kingston, NY.
Customer Service and computer experience required. Box office experience is a plus. Must be available all shifts, including weekends, evenings and occasional holidays.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Describing pricing and ticket options to patrons in detail.
• Encouraging patrons to purchase tickets, subscriptions, and memberships.
• Informing patrons of membership options and other notices required by management.
• Answering patron complaints and inquiries in person or via telephone.
• Operating Ticketmaster computerized ticketing system and computing bill showing amount due.
• Handling cash, checks and credit card transactions, making change and issuing receipts with valid tickets to patrons.
• Responsible for accepting and verifying opening cash starter, accepting cash/credit cards from patrons and then recording end of day receipts.
• Cleaning and organizing assigned area, front counter, to maintain a neat and orderly appearance.
Qualified candidates will have an associates or bachelors degree and 1 or more years of related cashier, box office, or customer service experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions as well as short correspondence and to effectively articulate information to patrons is required along with basic math skills. An ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form is also necessary.
Work references required.
Please email resume and references to Kathleen Petrillo-Bair, Box Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org by June 20, 2014.
Resumes will be accepted by email only. Do not call.
The Bardavon 1869 Opera House is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
© 2014 Bardavon/UPAC
Last modified: 2014-06-06 15:19:18