The Bardavon 1869 Opera House, Inc. (the Bardavon) is a nonprofit arts presenter that offers affordable, world-class music, dance, theater, Live in HD broadcasts, arts education programs and classic films for the diverse audiences of the Hudson Valley. We present renowned and emerging performers in productions that inspire, entertain and educate people of all ages, ethnicities and incomes—at our historic theater of the same name in Poughkeepsie and our sister theater in Kingston, the Ulster Performing Arts Center.
We are looking for a motivated person to join our team as a Human Resources and Benefits Administrator. They must be familiar with all NYS and Federal employment laws to keep organization in compliance. They must be capable of maintaining confidentiality with respect to personal and sensitive information and must possess an ability to function independently. This is a part-time position with some flexibility of schedule and the possibility of full time in the future. Average weekly hours will be around 20 to 25 per week.
- The HR and Benefits Administrator ensures all departmental processes, including on-boarding and off-boarding, benefits, leave management, are carried out consistent with department protocol and organizational policy
- Maintains accurate, timely and complete documentation in compliance with all NYS and Federal requirement ensuring adherence to policies, laws, and best practices
- Provides input on the development of policies and procedures and acts as a frontline resource to managers and staff on questions of policy interpretation, employee relations and performance management
- Serves as a resource for staff concerns and questions, providing timely follow up, investigation if necessary, and keeping appropriate documentation
- Elevates complex employee relations or performance management issues to the Director of Personnel and the Executive Director
- Develops and delivers relevant trainings to all employees, mangers, and supervisors.
- Maintain relationships with Workers Comp and Disability Insurance underwriters as well as payroll HR team
- Review benefit plans with Director of Personnel and Executive Director to administer the best plan for employees and organization
- Overseeing and managing open enrollment of all benefits as well as being responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs
- Minimum 2-3 Years’ experience in Human Resources including direct contact with employees and management
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- General understanding of best practices associated with the specific human resources activities for which the position is responsible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Strong to Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook)