Wed. Nov. 8 • 10am & 12pm – Bardavon
Thu. Nov. 9 • 10am – UPAC
Grades: Pre-k – 3rd
Havana Hop: a children’s tale of culture and confidence!
Created by Paige Hernandez from Baltimore, MD
Young Yeila dreams of being a superstar but her lack of confidence gives her awful stage fright. With advice from her mother and mentors, Yeila begins her journey to find her roots, get confidence and be amazing! Travel with Yeila who visits her grandmother in Cuba to add a salsa flavor to her own hip-hop style! The audience gets to dance along in this dynamic participation play where one actress creates three generations of lively women. Journey with Yeila as she discovers the fun of her multi-cultural heritage.
23/24 series sponsored by The Beechwood Group of Wells Fargo Advisors, Church Communities Foundation, George A. Strba Charitable Trust, H. W. Wilson Foundation, Kvistad Foundation, Louis Greenspan Charitable Trust, Cornelia T. Bailey Foundation, JM McDonald Foundation, Poughkeepsie and Kingston Community Development Block Grant, Ralph E. Ogden Foundation, Peckham Family Foundation, Rhinebeck Bank, Stewarts Shops, TD Charitable Foundation, Wells Fargo & Company, the Poughkeepsie Youth Services Grant, and from the Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley: Anonymous Fund; Ann and Abe Effron Fund; Charlie Carroll Music Enrichment Fund; and the Dutchess Community Grants Fund. Additional support comes from the Dyson Foundation, James J. McCann Charitable Trust, Jane W. Nuhn Charitable Trust, NoVo Foundation, and Jeanette F. Schlobach Charitable Trust. We extend special thanks to all of the donors who contributed to the Field-Trip Fund. This program is also made possible by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Kathy Hochul and the New York State Legislature, as well as the federal American Rescue Plan Act funds awarded to the City of Kingston by the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
Date & Time
Wednesday, November 08 2023
Schools and Members $7.00
Child $7.00/Adult $11.00
INDIVIDUAL TICKET BUYERS:
- Please fill out the reservation form and you will get an email with instructions for payment
- All patrons regardless of age must purchase admission.
- After filling out the reservation form an INVOICE/CONFIRMATION will be sent by email confirming your order - please adhere to the payment guidelines and due dates.
- Changes to the number reserved or cancellation must be made in writing 45 days prior to the event.
- Payment is due 30 days prior to the event.
- No refunds or exchanges will be made after the 30 day deadline. The teacher or individual making the reservation is the contact person and is responsible for assuring that payment is made by the deadline.
- Buses will unload and load in the front of the theater.
For more information visit our School Residency Programs, or contact Adelina Borman/Director of Education
Email: ADELINA BORMAN