The Boy Who Could Sing Pictures
Thu. Feb. 13 • 10am & 12pm– Bardavon
Grades: 2nd – 6th
The story of Luca, son of a Jester, who discovers his gift of magical song. The adventure follows Luca through surprises and wonders, and reaches a climax with a fateful encounter with the evil men of the kingdom. Based on the book by Seymour Leichman and featuring the music of Villa-Lobos, Piazzola, Bach and Beethoven.
Performed by David Gonzalez, guitar and vocals and, Daniel Kelly, piano.
Made possible with funding from The Beechwood Group of Wells Fargo Advisors, Church Communities Foundation, George A. Strba Charitable Trust, H. W. Wilson Foundation, ArtsCONNECT program of Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation with support from the National Endowment for the Arts, Kvistad Foundation, Second Hand Rose, Klock Foundation, Louis Greenspan Charitable Trust, Mid-Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union, Poughkeepsie Community Development Block Grant, Ralph E. Ogden Foundation, Rhinebeck Bank, Stewarts Shops, TD Charitable Foundation, Vassar Brothers Institute, Wells Fargo & Company, and from the Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley: Anonymous Fund; Ann and Abe Effron Fund; Charlie Carroll Music Enrichment Fund; Dutchess Community Grants Fund; and the Ed & Barbara Joba Fund for the Hudson Valley Philharmonic. Additional support comes from the Dyson Foundation, James J. McCann Charitable Trust, Jane W. Nuhn Charitable Trust, and Jeanette F. Schlobach Charitable Trust. We extend special thanks to all of the donors who contributed to the Field-Trip Fund. This program is also made possible by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.
Date & Time
Thursday, February 13 2020
INDIVIDUAL TICKET BUYERS:
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Adelina Borman at 845-473-5288 ext. 106 with your credit card information.
- All patrons regardless of age must purchase admission.
- You will receive confirmation of your purchase by email.
- An INVOICE/CONFIRMATION will be sent by email confirming your order - please adhere to the payment guidelines and due dates.
- Changes to the number reserved or cancellation must be made in writing 45 days prior to the event.
- Payment is due 30 days prior to the event.
- No refunds or exchanges will be made after the 30 day deadline. The teacher or individual making the reservation is the contact person and is responsible for assuring that payment is made by the deadline.
- Buses will unload and load in the front of the theater.
For more information visit our School Residency Programs, or contact Adelina Borman/Director of Education (845) 473-5288 extension 106
Email: ADELINA BORMAN