This is a past event
Cuentos paints a vivid picture of the people and rich cultures of the Spanish-speaking world with colorful tales from the Caribbean, South America, and the Bronx! From the silly antics of the Puerto Rican anti-hero “Juan Bobo” to the mysterious dealings and powers of the Orishas in a suite of Afro-Cuban stories, these tales are filled with memorable characters, fantastic plots and positive messages for children. Spanish language words are sprinkled throughout the stories and songs of “Cuentos: Tales from the Latino World” in such a way that young audiences can repeat and retain their sound and meaning. Solid entertainment and a great introduction to the marvelous world of Latino literature and culture.
Made possible with funding from The Beechwood Group of Wells Fargo Advisors, Church Communities Foundation, George A. Strba Charitable Trust, H. W. Wilson Foundation, Kvistad Foundation, Louis Greenspan Charitable Trust, Cornelia T. Bailey Foundation, JM McDonald Foundation, Poughkeepsie and Kingston Community Development Block Grant, Ralph E. Ogden Foundation, Peckham Family Foundation, Rhinebeck Bank, Stewarts Shops, TD Charitable Foundation, Wells Fargo & Company, and from the Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley: Anonymous Fund; Ann and Abe Effron Fund; Charlie Carroll Music Enrichment Fund; and the Dutchess Community Grants Fund. Additional support comes from the Dyson Foundation, James J. McCann Charitable Trust, Jane W. Nuhn Charitable Trust, NoVo Foundation, and Jeanette F. Schlobach Charitable Trust. We extend special thanks to all of the donors who contributed to the Field-Trip Fund. This program is also made possible by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Kathy Hochul and the New York State Legislature.
Date & Time
Thursday, March 16 2023
Schools and Members $7.00
Child $7.00/Adult $11.00
INDIVIDUAL TICKET BUYERS:
- Please fill out the reservation form and you will get an email with instructions for payment
- All patrons regardless of age must purchase admission.
- After filling out the reservation form an INVOICE/CONFIRMATION will be sent by email confirming your order - please adhere to the payment guidelines and due dates.
- Changes to the number reserved or cancellation must be made in writing 45 days prior to the event.
- Payment is due 30 days prior to the event.
- No refunds or exchanges will be made after the 30 day deadline. The teacher or individual making the reservation is the contact person and is responsible for assuring that payment is made by the deadline.
- Buses will unload and load in the front of the theater.
For more information visit our School Residency Programs, or contact Adelina Borman/Director of Education
Email: ADELINA BORMAN