Grades: All ages
Metta Quintet is a cohesive, tight-knit unit featuring some of today’s most esteemed and creative jazz artists. Its musicians are fueled by open-minded musical curiosity, and dedicated to exploring new artistic territory while maintaining a passionate commitment to arts education, fostering new audiences, and nurturing young talent.
Prior to the Jazzed Up presentation, members of the Quintet will conduct Master Classes with the Poughkeepsie High School Jazz Ensemble, providing an opportunity for students to perform excerpts from their repertoire for constructive critique and evaluation. The culmination of the residency/master classes will bring Metta Quintet and the PHS Jazz Ensemble together to perform on the Bardavon stage.
Made possible with funding from The Beechwood Group of Wells Fargo Advisors, Church Communities Foundation, George A. Strba Charitable Trust, H. W. Wilson Foundation, Kvistad Foundation, Louis Greenspan Charitable Trust, Cornelia T. Bailey Foundation, JM McDonald Foundation, Poughkeepsie and Kingston Community Development Block Grant, Ralph E. Ogden Foundation, Peckham Family Foundation, Rhinebeck Bank, Stewarts Shops, TD Charitable Foundation, Wells Fargo & Company, and from the Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley: Anonymous Fund; Ann and Abe Effron Fund; Charlie Carroll Music Enrichment Fund; and the Dutchess Community Grants Fund. Additional support comes from the Dyson Foundation, James J. McCann Charitable Trust, Jane W. Nuhn Charitable Trust, NoVo Foundation, and Jeanette F. Schlobach Charitable Trust. We extend special thanks to all of the donors who contributed to the Field-Trip Fund. This program is also made possible by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Kathy Hochul and the New York State Legislature.
Masks are optional.
Date & Time
Thursday, March 23 2023
Schools and Members $7.00
Child $7.00/Adult $11.00
INDIVIDUAL TICKET BUYERS:
- Please fill out the reservation form and you will get an email with instructions for payment
- All patrons regardless of age must purchase admission.
- After filling out the reservation form an INVOICE/CONFIRMATION will be sent by email confirming your order - please adhere to the payment guidelines and due dates.
- Changes to the number reserved or cancellation must be made in writing 45 days prior to the event.
- Payment is due 30 days prior to the event.
- No refunds or exchanges will be made after the 30 day deadline. The teacher or individual making the reservation is the contact person and is responsible for assuring that payment is made by the deadline.
- Buses will unload and load in the front of the theater.
For more information visit our School Residency Programs, or contact Adelina Borman/Director of Education
Email: ADELINA BORMAN